- Can be configured as safety temperature limiter (STB) or safety temperature monitor (STW)
- 1oo2D architecture
- Approvals for DIN EN 14597, SIL, PL (Performance Level), UL
- Two relay outputs can be used as pre-alarm or limit value alarm
- Pre-alarm absolute or adjustable as a margin from the limit value
- LCD display with background lighting and plain text display
- Setup program for configuration and archiving via USB interface
- Wide voltage supply range from AC 110 to 240 V +10 % /-15 % or AC/DC 20 to 30 V
- Internal and external unlocking possible
- Monitoring and limiting of temperature, pressure, and other process variables.
- Safety protection for burner control
- Monitoring of heating elements
- Protection for heat carrier oil systems
- Protection for boiler systems
- Level monitoring
The safety temperature limiter (STB) and safety temperature monitor (STW) enable early and reliable detection of risks in Ex-areas, which could potentially result in personal injuries, environmental damage, or destruction of the production plant and production materials.
Its main task is to reliably monitor thermal processes and to switch plants to a safe operating status in the event of malfunctions.
The measured value at the analog input can be recorded by various probes or standard signals. Limit value exceedance is indicated by the installed LED K1 and K2 (red) for each channel and the integrated alarm relay output switches the system to safe operating status (alarm range).
The device concept meets the stringent requirements of DIN EN 61508 and DIN EN 13849. The 1oo2D structure ensures reliable detection of errors, meaning that the device concept can also be used for applications subject to the new Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
- Safety control and control devices
- Safety temperature monitor (STW)
Protective temperature monitor with automatic reset for heat-generating plants. An automatic reset occurs upon activation after the probe temperature has risen or fallen above/below the set limit value by the amount of the switching differential. (Modes of operation 2B, 2K, and 2P)
- Safety temperature limiter (STB)
- Protective temperature limiter for heat-generating plants that can only be reset manually or with a tool.
- (Modes of operation 2B, 2J, 2V, 2K, and 2P are adjustable with a special tool)